Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 6 begins, Brides melt........

After a WONDERFUL weekend of "using the kitchen" (which meant I got to use the counters and the SINK) I had to MOVE out again....back to remodel mode.

Monday. . . we figured out that the "butler's pantry" had been ignored through the process. It's an area that opens into the den, same wall/floor and ceiling. Floor guys took up the tile but painters didn't strip walls, texture or remove popcorn ceiling....So that had me up all night - stressing. Tile was to be delivered on Monday, so I needed to be prepared to get dogs in the house and let the tile get in the back yard. . . Then Daughter #3, wedding #1, and I realized she had an appointment at 1:00pm and she wanted me to go...and she's in May Mester so has to ask permission to leave because there is NO RESCHEDULING. So I get the dogs secured in the house in hopes tile will be delivered.

oh oh oh, that morning about 8:45 Sweet 15 year-old son called, he had to have a piece of paper he forgot. Took me 30 minutes to find the paper, then I go as fast as possible to his school (he goes to small school outside of town). At this point I'm hot, sweaty, yuky. Thinking if I can just run in school and see as few people as possible that would be great. So I run in, saw one very sweet person, ran out, hopped in car - put in gear and SSSSSSCCCCCCRRRRAAAAAPPPPEEE
(SCRAPE) Now in hindsight I'm thinking "why did I not stop at the beginning of the scrape?" But no, I just kept going. There were two women from the Region Center walking in the door and saw it all. I stop, get out and look. Took several stones off their center median, and "small" scrape on car" (how do we define "small") pushed the stones over and DROVE OFF. Did not tell the school anything. About halfway back to town I realized that I damaged school property and drove off!!! And those two women probably walked in school and told them what happened! sooooo when I get home I email (very embarrassed) the principal and tell him it was me. When I went to get son after school I had visions of the local policeman being there with handcuffs to arrest me for hit and run.......

That night we had FFA Banquet for son. He made officer and we are very proud!

Tuesday painters arrived. When the painters arrive they "zoom in" tape it all up and start the primer process....then on Wed they return and finish the painted woodwork. As soon as the woodwork dries they can mask off and paint the walls, however we have an "accent wall" so the main color has to dry before they can do the accent. And it's very humid, so it could be Friday before main walls are painted, and monday for accent. So one full week of painting.

then it's tile work and electrician. Backsplash will not be in until the end of the month, first of June, but everything else should be completed.


They act like they are suffering when they see me.....

This house was dusted less than a week ago, I PROMISE. The dust/paint/whatever is making me nuts.....so I'm outside as much as possible. :)

As for BRIDES......it's difficult at best to find dates for all the showers, and then throw in the issue of THREE BRIDES trying to share ONE SUMMER. There are no rules here. And how to "we" balance all the friends/showers/etc? It is so complicated. I have 3 very sweet daughters who are trying to all fit in showers/luncheons/weddings and at the same time give each sister their moment(s) in the spotlight and no-one overshadowing the other. I'm fairly sure I was on phone/instant messenger for the entire evening last night. And I love each moment. It will all work out. I will keep the scrape in my car - the rest will be fine.

oh, and I let 15 year old son drive today........




1 comment: