Friday, May 28, 2010

End of Week 8 Construction

It is Sunday and construction week 8 is has come to an end with a "bang"...Electricians left on Thursday giving me the impression they would not be back til Tuesday. Vent-a-hood installation was suppose to take place Thursday, never saw anyone. They left me with about half of the electricity working in the kitchen. So Thursday evening I got in and started cleaning.....

Friday morning around 8:30am people started walking in (I thought no one was coming by). First our contractor came looking things over, there was a ton of trash EVERYWHERE that Rich and I were going to try to clear out since we had special little ones coming to visit. Turns out the contractor had ordered a trash pick-up and all the trash was hauled to the carport and picked up later in the afternoon. Yippee...

Electricians showed up and started working, guy came to install vent-a-hood, got all the parts out and the MAIN part (the SHOW PIECE) WAS bent. Cant' get another one until next Friday.

Granite guys showed up to replace one more section of counter. Counter tops ARE DONE, inspected and APPROVED!!!

Electricians did more work and had quiet a bit of the plugs working for the weekend. One new oven is now operational, but the "speed-oven" needed 110 and got 220 or vice versa and will have to be rewired on Tuesday. Here are photos of remodel...

You can see the trash the electricians left....
the new faucet comes on when you touch it....

I'm moving in! This photo was on Friday evening, workers were gone and I was getting ready for my "future grandkids" to come for a visit, I was scrambling to get all the nails and mess up so we could enjoy!

New Ovens, not all is working yet......

cabinets for my pretty stuff....

Backsplash, no grout yet and it's a little more blue green than this photo





No comments:

Post a Comment